Our planet is constantly impacted by our actions; some actions are positive, and some are not. As our world population grows so do the consequences but also the opportunities to combat Global Warming, reduce our carbon footprint and provide healthy work environments and neighborhoods. Here at Countdown Printables, we have experience incorporating eco-materials and fair trade practices that promote a sustainability mindset.
We offer many eco-friendly and recycled materials for sustainability. These materials have a low environmental impact and are often made from natural materials and fiber properties. Examples of sustainable materials are straw, hemp, jute, wool, wood, bamboo, and cotton. Some recycled materials include RPET, TPU, and Repreve.
- Bamboo: no pesticides or chemical fertilizers, no irrigation, rarely needs replanting, grows rapidly, produces more oxygen than trees, carbon-neutral, low environmental impact when produced into fibers
- Wood: natural, renewable, stores carbon, produces less carbon dioxide, durable
- Jute: renewable, less water consumption, no chemical intervention, biodegradable
- RPET – Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate. A recycled plastic resin.
- TPU – Thermoplastic Polyurethane. A biodegradable, flexible, durable material between rubber and plastic. Best used to replace PVC.
- Repreve – Fiber made from recycled plastic bottles.
Sustainable manufacturing uses processes that conserve energy and natural resources to minimize the impact on the environment. With improved efficiency, there is lower energy consumption and a decrease in waste. These improvements often lend themselves to being economically viable with increased cost savings and better safety measures.
Fair Trade America
Countdown Printables is an officially licensed partner with Fair Trade America. Fairtrade is a third-party verified system of trade that provide better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world.